Promising Futures Scholarship Program
The Promising Futures Scholarship Program was created to help Oregon students interested in majors compatible with school business finance professions obtain a post-secondary education.
The scholarship is open to public high school seniors who have been accepted and college freshman enrolled full time at an accredited Oregon community college, college or university.
The application timeline and information will be availble the first part of the year.
- Oregon high school seniors planning to attend or college freshman currently registered as a full time student at an accredited Oregon community college, college or university.
- Student with a declared major compatible with school business management.
- Student who has been an Oregon resident for at least one year.
- Accepted for admission as a full time student (as defined by the recipient's attending school).
- Involvement in school/community activities.
- A minimum 3.0 overall GPA.
- High school transcripts that include grade, grade-point average, and class rank. The transcript(s) must be complete through the most recently completed semester.
- SAT, PSAT and/or ACT scores.
- List of extra-curricular activities, awards or letters received, offices held, and related achievements.
- A typed essay (double spaced, no more than 200 words) detailing their plans for attending college and how the scholarship will help them achieve their educational goals.
- Two letters of recommendation; one must be from a school official (principal or teacher).
Scholarship recipients will be selected from those applications submitted on or before the deadline. The scholarship award will be made payable to the student and the college or university upon verification of Fall term enrollment.
Completed application materials must be sent to:
Email: Josie Hummert, Executive Assistant
Mail: OASBO Promising Futures Scholarship
707 13th St SE, STE 100
SALEM, OR 97301
For more information, contact Josie Hummert or Angie Peterman.
Apply for the Scholarship
The application and timeline will be posted after the first of the year.